WS 7: Zero rating what is it?
Please use your own words to describe this session. You may use external references, websites or publications as a source of information or inspiration, if you decide to quote them, please clearly specify the source.
To follow the current discussion on this topic, see the discussion tab on the upper left side of this page
This session aims at defining the notion of ZR and explains in which context it needs to be addressed.
Always use your own words to describe your session. If you decide to quote the words of an external source, give them the due respect and acknowledgement by specifying the source.
Setting the scene, Context, Net Neutrality, Open Internet, Internet Ecosystem, EU Telecom Single Market Regulation, Competition Law, Economic Freedom
- Agree on the key resources and formally identify them at the beginning of the session and make sure that they can intervene individually
- No panelists on stage
- One main moderator in the audience
Links to relevant websites, declarations, books, documents. Please note we cannot offer web space, only links to external resources are possible.
- Focal Point : Frederic Donck, Internet Society
- Key participants
- Frode Sorensen
- Guillermo Beltrà, BEUC
- Roslyn Layton
- Moderator: Frederic Donck, Internet Society
- Remote moderator: Krishna Kumar
- Reporter: Konstantinos Komaitis, ISOC
See the discussion tab on the upper left side of this page.
Conference call. Schedules and minutes
- dates for virtual meetings or coordination calls
- short summary of calls or email exchange
- be as open and transparent as possible in order to allow others to get involved and contact you
- use the wiki not only as the place to publish results but also to summarize and publish the discussion process
- Is it part of Network Neutrality or a business model or both?
- Is Zero Rating protecting the Internet as a system of innovation?
- Does zero rating affect customer choice and experience?
- Should law makers provide a general rule on zero rating? What role does competition play?
- Discussions on zero rating should focus on principles, e.g. exclusive vs non exclusive, etc.
Session twitter hashtag
Hashtag: #eurodig16 #zerorating