Blockchain – a competition to governments? – PL 04 2018
To follow the current discussion on this topic, see the discussion tab on the upper left side of this page
Final title of the session: Please send the final title until 15 April 2018 latest to email@example.com. Do not edit the title of the page at the wiki on your own. The link to your session may otherwise disappear.
Working title: Blockchain type technologies
You are invited to become a member of the session Org Team by subscribing to the mailing list. If you would just like to leave a comment feel free to use the discussion-page here at the wiki. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to the wiki. We are planning a conference call - please participate in the Doodle.
Draft (to be discussed): The blockchain technology promises trust that is independent from government or business institutions. What are the use cases of this technology? What impact does this have on development and society? Do we need regulation - just to prevent bad side effects or to reinstate the power of governments and existing businesses?
List of proposals
- Awareness of Data management and Critical internet literacy 90
- Building an ecosystem for Climate change issues using ICTs. Applications, sharing of solutions, research and development 18
- Distributed Governance for Blockchains and Smart Contracts 139
- Impact of digital currency and Bitcoin in development and less development countries 198
- Shape of the future: The regulation of the cryptocurrencies 7
- Crypto currency and Blockchain 15
- Block chain technology and economic development 136
- Future of the Digital Currency and Blockchain Technology 151
- Blockchain usage challenges 3
- How to regulate the energy waste of blockchains 111
- Blockchain in Public Administration and e‐ citizenship: advantages and risks 243
Until 30 April 2018. Always use your own words to describe the session. If you decide to quote the words of an external source, give them the due respect and acknowledgement by specifying the source.
Until 30 April 2018. Please try out new interactive formats. EuroDIG is about dialogue not about statements, presentations and speeches. Workshops should not be organised as a small plenary.
Links to relevant websites, declarations, books, documents. Please note we cannot offer web space, so only links to external resources are possible. Example for an external link: Website of EuroDIG
Please provide name and institution for all people you list here.
Organising Team (Org Team)
- Arvin Kamberi
- Erica Vaccaro
- Amina Beriša
- Frédéric Donck / Ceren Unal
- Maarit Palovirta
- Clement Genty
- Liora Amina Berisha
Until 14. May 2018. Key Participants are experts willing to provide their knowledge during a session – not necessarily on stage. Key Participants should contribute to the session planning process and keep statements short and punchy during the session. They will be selected and assigned by the Org Team, ensuring a stakeholder balanced dialogue also considering gender and geographical balance. Please provide short CV’s of the Key Participants involved in your session at the Wiki or link to another source.
The Remote Moderator is in charge of facilitating participation via digital channels such as WebEx and social medial (Twitter, facebook). Remote Moderators monitor and moderate the social media channels and the participants via WebEX and forward questions to the session moderator. Please contact the EuroDIG secretariat if you need help to find a Remote Moderator.
Reporters will be assigned by the EuroDIG secretariat in cooperation with the Geneva Internet Platform. The Reporter takes notes during the session and formulates 3 (max. 5) bullet points at the end of each session that:
- are summarised on a slide and presented to the audience at the end of each session
- relate to the particular session and to European Internet governance policy
- are forward looking and propose goals and activities that can be initiated after EuroDIG (recommendations)
- are in (rough) consensus with the audience
Current discussion, conference calls, schedules and minutes
See the discussion tab on the upper left side of this page. Please use this page to publish:
- dates for virtual meetings or coordination calls
- short summary of calls or email exchange
Please be as open and transparent as possible in order to allow others to get involved and contact you. Use the wiki not only as the place to publish results but also to summarize the discussion process.
A short summary of the session will be provided by the Reporter.
Will be provided here after the event.
Will be provided here after the event.