Talk:South Eastern European Dialogue (SEEDIG)
Call for input on themes and topics to be discussed at the South Eastern European event
Between November 2014 and January 2015, input was collected on themes and topics to be discussed at a South Eastern European event to be held asa pre-event to the eighth EuroDIG meeting. This was done via a dedicated mailing list, which is open to all interested stakeholders from the region: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of input
Proposal for an overarching theme:
- "Multistakeholder Internet governance: from the global debates to the SEE realities"
Proposals for topics"
- the need for capacity building, and responding to a perceived lack of information on IG issues;
- capacity building in relation with IG process;
- recognizing what are Internet governance issues in the first place;
- the multistakeholder model - what is community-driven policy? How does it work?
- learn more about what is ICANN; what are registries / registrars;
- security & privacy;
- digital divide;
- content localisation;
- censorship/interference with content;
- human rights for Internet users;
- multistakeholder approach in national IDN domain management;
- challenges for regional Public Service Media in the New Media Environment.