Call for expressions of interest for financial support to attend SEEDIG and EuroDIG
The EuroDIG Secretariat and the SEEDIG organising committee can fund a limited number of stakeholders to attend the SEEDIG and EuroDIG meetings in Sofia, on 3-5 June. This is thanks to a last-minute contribution from the IGF Support Association.
Interested stakeholders are invited to express their interest in attending SEEDIG/EuroDIG and in benefiting from travel and/or accommodation support, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating:
- name, title, affiliation and country of residence;
- a brief motivation (expectations from attending SEEDIG and EuroDIG; a description of how the applicant intends to make use of his/her participation in SEEDIG and EuroDIG in order to further engage in Internet governance processes at national, regional and international level, etc.).
- whether he/she has previously attended an EuroDIG meeting;
- whether he/she requests financial support for travel or accommodation, or both;
- if financial support for travel is requested, an estimation of the costs involved.
The deadline for applications (14 May 2015) has passed.
In order to be considered for funding, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- is affiliated with one of the following stakeholder groups: civil society, government, technical community, private sector;
- is from a least developed country, developing country or transitional economy in South Eastern Europe or the neighbouring area;
submits an expression of interest, as mentioned above.
If the requests for funding (meeting the above criteria) exceed the available funds, a selection of funded participants will be made on the basis of the expressions of interest provided, and taking into account the need to achieve a diversity of participants, in terms of:
- geography (countries represented);
- stakeholder groups represented;
- gender balance;
- youth representation;
- balance between newcomers (individuals who have not previously participated in EuroDIG meetings) and experienced participants.
Preference may be given to requestors who only require partial funding (i.e. a request to cover only the cost of the airfare ticket or the cost of accommodation).
Please note that participants selected for financial support will have to:
- make their own travel arrangements. Cash reimbursement will be made on site, in Sofia, on the basis of an invoice (to be submitted in advance).
- make their own hotel bookings (preferably, at the venue hotel - Kempinsky Hotel Marinela, using the form available here). As payment in advance is not required, all rooms will be paid on site, directly to the hotel, by the Secretariat.
Selected participants will have to attend and actively participate in both SEEDIG and EuroDIG.