European workshop on policy watch activities – MAPPING project – Pre 03 2017
Let's work together for finding the best practices in organizing and sharing information for policy watch/policy mapping activities.
Policy watch, observatories, Internet policy, best practices, Internet governance, sharing, information
The aim of the session is to discuss concrete questions and challenges arising from various digital policy observatory initiatives and other similar information gathering projects in order to identify best practices and to avoid work duplication. Issues to be considered are:
- use of FOSS tools by observatories
- community-building elements
- further incentives for sharing and collaboration
- use a common taxonomy/language
- user perspectives on observatories - usefulness
- other tools to decipher the Internet policy maze
- how to ensure the sustainability
- mixing automation with human brains
This session is held as a pre-event to EuroDig 2017 and will build up on a continuing dialogue among various Internet policy observatories and policy watch initiatives that has been formally initiated at IGF 2014.
The session is organized by members of the MAPPING project (ApTI, DIploFoundation and EPMA) as part of their work with the MAPPING Policy Observatory.
We will have a round table discussion and an interactive exercise in order to assure everybody’s participation and possibility to contribute for finding the best practices from the participants.
- MAPPING project - Managing Alternatives for Privacy, Property and Internet Governance
- MAPPING Policy Observatory
Other participating Observatories
- Geneva Internet Platform
- Global Internet Policy Observatory
- Global Cyber Security Capacity Centre
- Ranking Digital Rights
Related previous meetings
To be added
- Bogdan Manolea and Valentina Pavel - ApTI, Romania
- Tereza Horejsova and Sorina Teleanu - DiploFoundation
- Bejdak Radek - EPMA, Czech Republic
Participants: - to be added-
Participation is free of charge, but as we have a limited number of places, we would kindly ask you to register in advance, if you want to participate.
The session discussion will result in a report on best practices prepared by the MAPPING project to be distributed to the list of participants and general public via project website, but also shared in the EuroDIG wiki.
Please provide a short summary from the outcome of your session. Bullet points are fine.