Dutch AI strategy in action – Flash 12 2019
20 June 2019 | 14:45-15:15 | EVEREST 1 & 2
Consolidated programme 2019 overview
This session will showcase strategic and collaborative actions the Netherlands is taking to seize the opportunities and challenges of AI.
The impact of AI on our economies and societies will be massive. It can contribute to innovation and economic opportunities, help addressing social issues, but it also comes with challenges regarding e.g. security, ethics and geopolitics. Government, employers’ organization VNO-NCW and other stakeholders cooperate to take strategic actions to harness the transformative power of AI for Dutch economy and society. Examples are the Taskforce AI, the Dutch AI coalition and the National Police AI lab. These actions are also building blocks for the Dutch AI Strategy, which will be published in the course of this summer.
The flash session will consist of presentations and a demonstration.
- Presentation of key elements of the Dutch AI strategy
- Presentation on the actions of the AI Task Force / Dutch AI coalition
- Demonstration of the National Police AI lab
- ‘AI voor Nederland: Vergroten, versnellen en verbinden’ (In Dutch only)
This ‘AI for the Netherlands’ report is drafted by AINED, a collaboration between TopTeam ICT, VNO-NCW, ICAI, NWO and TNO, supported by The Boston Consulting Group and Denkwerk.
- Sandra van der Weide, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy of The Netherlands
- Joost van der Vleuten, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy of The Netherlands
- Riwish Hoeseni – Data Scientist at the National Police