Open Forum: The road ahead for ICT sustainability in Europe and beyond – Pre 08 2022
20 June 2022 | 14:45 - 16:15 CEST | FabLab / Fibonacci |
Consolidated programme 2022 overview / Day 0
EuroDIG has emerged as a leading forum to promote ICT sustainability within Europe. Let's continue the discussion by focusing on areas of collaboration in the coming months.
In-line with some of the conclusions enshrined in the messages from 2020 and 2021, we want to use this space as an opportunity for any interested stakeholder working in this space to update each other on new developments and opportunities for collaboration on ICT sustainability over the next year. It can also be an opportunity to identify blind spots in current discussions or advocacy. The Day 0 event will also be a good opportunity to introduce the newly formed Dynamic Coalition on the Environment (DCE), which evolved from the Internet Governance Forum's (IGF) Policy Network on the Environment (PNE) after releasing its report earlier this year.
This session also sets the scene for WS 1 (From commitments to action: Assessing the effectiveness of pan-European policies and regulations for the green digital transformation), which will be held from 10:30-11:30 CEST the following day.
Open forum – we want to provide a space for any interested and engaged stakeholder to offer updates and suggestions for future collaboration.
Sustainability intersessional projects
- Greening Internet Governance (EuroDIG)
- IGF Dynamic Coalition on the Environment (DC-E)
- Policy Network on Environment (PNE – IGF)
Past EuroDIG sessions focusing on sustainability
- FS 1 (2021) – Greening Internet Governance, Part II – Enabling an Environmentally Sustainable Digital Transformation in Europe
- PL 4 (2020) – Greening Internet governance – Environmental sustainability and digital transformation
- Flash 13 (2019) – Fighting climate change with emerging technologies – for good or ill?
- WS 11 (2017) – Drowning in data – digital pollution, green IT, and sustainable access | It also includes an extensive and continuously maintained ICT sustainability resource database
- Michael J. Oghia – Online moderator
- Minda Moreira