The Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) is a yearly pre-event to the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) aimed to foster active youth participation. Young people (ages 18-30) from the pan-European region with a strong interest in Internet governance, digital policy and cooperation were invited to apply to participate. The application period closed on 7th of February 2021.
Participants have the opportunity to:
- Experience peer-learning and networking with youth residing in Europe
- Learn about Internet governance and how to get involved in Internet Governance Forum (IGF) processes
- Discuss and exchange ideas with experienced Internet policy practitioners
- Develop policy messages and present them at EuroDIG and the global IGF
Participants are required to actively participate throughout the programme, contribute to the drafting of the Youth Messages, and contribute to the EuroDIG 2021 programme by joining Org Teams and supporting sessions.
YOUthDIG alumni’s form the selection committee assisted by the EuroDIG Secretariat.
All applicants will be informed about the status of selection by March 14, 2021.
Duties for selected participants:
- Actively participate in online phase (virtual meetings between April and June 2021)
- Actively participate in EuroDIG session planning (find out more on the EuroDIG website)
- Actively participate in onsite YOUthDIG (26-28 June) and EuroDIG (28-30 June)
- Contribute to the 2021 Youth Messages (see past youth messages here)
- During EuroDIG Sessions, take on the role of Remote Participation Moderator (training will be provided)