EuroDIG 2020 – Details
Towards a sustainable governance of the Internet
EuroDIG this year was held as a virtual meeting from June 10 – 12, 2020.
Our host The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) together with the Italian cooperation partners and EuroDIG have built strong ties to the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) and therefore EuroDIG will remain a satellite event in the overall programme of ESOF.
Our overarching theme “Towards a sustainable governance of the Internet” has not lost its actuality and we will adapt partly the content of our programme to the current challenges.
During the call for issues we received around 180 proposals for the EuroDIG 2020 agenda. At the public planning meeting in Trieste all stakeholder where invited to agree on focus areas:
- Cooperation, legislation, standardisation
- Contribute to and continue with the follow up process on the UN HLP Report in particular participating to the round table discussions on recommendation 5 a/b
- Leverage connecting the unconnected
- All matter access, 5G, community networks, East-West relations
- Data governance and data security
- in relation to economy / competition and SEE countries
- Media issues (ongoing):
- fake news, literacy, journalism
- all matter DNS
- security, standards
To watch the recorded video please click this icon , to find the transcript please use this icon at the consolidated programme or at the session pages. You are also welcome to discuss the sessions in our Forum .
EuroDIG is not a conference; it is a year round dialogue of European stakeholders, where everyone is welcome to join at any stage. Find out more about the EuroDIG participation process and get involved!
- Sessions through our draft programme by main topics
Please note: You need to register and log in to edit the wiki. To get an account please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.